For a period of 2 years, Nespresso provides a free limited warranty for defects caused by defective materials and/or manufacturing defects and other legal and regulatory circumstances. The warranty period begins on the date of purchase and Nespresso requires presentation of the original proof of purchase to ascertain the date. During the warranty period, Nespresso will either repair or replace, at its discretion, any defective product at no charge to the owner. Replacement products or repaired parts will be warranted only for the unexpired portion of the original warranty or six months, whichever is greater.
This limited warranty service:
1. Only for products sold through Nespresso official channels in Mainland China;
2. Not applicable to any fault caused by negligence, accident, misuse or other faults beyond the reasonable control of Nespresso.
For the avoidance of ambiguity, exclusions for limited warranty service include but are not limited to:
1. Unable to provide warranty certificate and valid invoice, or other legally recognized original purchase certificate;
2. The model of warranty certificate is inconsistent with the model of the product to be repaired;
3. Products purchased through unofficial channels or not targeted at the Chinese mainland market;
4. Damage caused by negligence or failure to operate the machine according to the product instructions, improper use or inadequate maintenance (including improper calcium deposits or descaling, connection to improper power supply, dust or insects and other foreign matters entering the product etc.);
5. Damage caused by unauthorized product modification or repair,
6. Damage caused by use for commercial purposes (if otherwise agreed in the commercial contract, such agreement shall apply);
7. Failure caused by force majeure (such as fire, lightning, flood) or other external causes.
In addition, this limited warranty does not cover the replacement/repair or refurbishment of enclosures, airframes, packaging and saleable spare parts of the machine. Should the cost of repairs or replacement not be covered by this warranty, Nespresso will advise the owner and the cost shall be charged to the owner. Except to the extent allowed by applicable law, the terms of this limited warranty do not exclude, restrict or modify the mandatory statutory rights applicable to the sale of this product and are in addition to those rights. If you believe your product is defective, contact Nespresso for instructions on how to proceed with a repair. Please visit our website at www.nespresso.com for contact details.